Other Stations - Other Tampa Bay Area Stations - Who's Who - Details

WKGA's Co-Workers

WSUN AM & FM - A History
WFLA AM & FM - A History
WDAE AM & FM - A History
WTSP AM & FM - A History
WSPB AM & FM - A History
Bert Arnold
John Browning
Hampton Dunn
Salty Sol Fleischman
Louis Link
Tom Matthews
Spencer Mitchell
Joe Mitchell
Jeff Moshier
Nelson Poynter
Major George Robinson
Ken Skelton
Jack Swift
Wes Talbot
The Breakfast Club
Walter Tison

WKGA - A History

WKGA-AM 940 Tampa – The Federal Communications Commission licensed WKGA in 1941 to the Tampa Tribune and allowed it to operate it under a construction permit. Shortly thereafter, The Tribune acquired the intellectual and programming property of WFLA and merged the two stations together under the WFLA calls.

WKGA was a 5,000 watt station broadcasting with 1,000 watts at night with studios and tower at the Tribune building location. Station personnel included John S. Bryan (chairman of the board), S.E. Thomason (president and treasurer), J.S. Mims (vice-president and secretary), and George O. Webb (assistant secretary).

(Please contact us if you have additional information to share about WKGA.)

Station History

1941 - 1941 Other Tampa Bay Area Stations (History)

Home | WPLA | WONN | WLAK | Other Stations | Related Links | Contact Us

© 2017 RadioYears.com All rights reserved.
Built by fusionZONE, Inc.