Bill was Chief Engineer of WLAK in the 1940’s and 1950’s, who, with Earl Rahrer, formed WLAK Electronics, a Lakeland based electronics and communications company. The firm had its beginnings in a small building on the WLAK property on East Lime Street. It later moved to a location on Gary Road, just north of East Main Street, and then to Combee Road where it was renamed WLAK Communications.
The family sold the business in 1997 and its name changed to WTEC.
1948 - 1959 WLAK (Engineering)